Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wedding Anniversary

Today is my parent's anniversary. I must ashamedly admit that there have been a few years in my life when I forgot it. On their 40th anniversary my sister lovingly planned an Anniversary party for them which falls near the Family Reunion each year (my parents married on my Mom's parents' anniversary which is when we have the reunion). They thought everyone was coming for the Reunion but didn't know that it was also an Anniversary Party. It was such a beautiful time that day (thanks for all your hard work Joye!). Little did we know that it would be their last anniversary together. Less than 3 months after the anniversary party I gave birth to my parent's first granddaughter. They were so thrilled to see her and hold her. But 4 months later my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and 3 months after that she passed away. She was so excited to know she had another grandchild on the way (my niece) and little did she know that she would have a total of 7 grandchildren live to know about her and hear stories about her. Today would have been my parents' 59th Anniversary and tomorrow would have been my Mom's 92nd Birthday. Love and miss you both very much ---

No comments: