Saturday, September 8, 2007

Frugal Friday (yea, I know it's Saturday!)

This week I was very, very frugal. I didn't buy anything at the grocery or department stores and I think the only thing I bought anywhere were some 39c chips and a bottle of water for my children on the way home from Awanas. Labor Day Monday we ate free at the local pool cookout where we took some cookies I already had in the pantry. There just weren't any good deals on anything I needed so we just ate out of the pantry and freezer. My hubby did pick up a head of lettuce on the way home one night to have with the tomatoes still coming off my last potted vine. I really like these weeks. It's weeks like this that I really feel the "payback" from other weeks when I try to stock up on those "free or nearly free" deals, spend hours poring over coupons and ads to stock my pantry and when I see some of the many benefits of picking and canning veggies in the heat of the summer. So no "deals" to let you in on - just the best one - eat what you have! (And think of the gas I saved by not going anywhere!). Have a great weekend!

No comments: