Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Asian Chicken

Now I rarely post recipes. For those who have had the courage privilege of eating at my home you know why. I would love to be a good cook but then again I don't find it as interesting or rewarding as, say, setting up new spreadsheets or blogging or finding a new solution to any problem. So there, I admit it. I dream of being a good cook (somehow I thought by becoming a stay-at-home Mom the power of being a world-renowned chef was supposed to magically descend upon me) but in reality without the interest and willingness to put in a lot of effort it just "ain't gonna happen". So imagine my surprise last night when my hubby said the meal was "absolutely one of the best" he had ever had, and it was a really easy, very quick and healthy recipe!! So for those who might be the least bit interested, this must be one of those "Recipes for Dummies" - easy enough even for me! I took a recipe I got by email from Kraft and changed it a little.

Asian Chicken
1/2 box Angel Hair Pasta (we like whole wheat or whole grain)
About 4 heads broccoli (yeah, we like broccoli so you can cut back on this if you want)
About 4 large handfuls of spinach leaves (my children thought they were broccoli leaves and since they "don't like spinach" I just didn't correct them!)
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken
1/2 cup Asian Sesame Salad Dressing (we prefer Kraft but Ken's is pretty good, too. BTW - since I had bought this dressing for salads that's what led me to try this recipe last night)
1/2 tsp. of ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper
[The recipe also calls for frozen carrots but I left those out since I don't usually keep anything but fresh raw ones. ]

Start pasta cooking. In the meantime chop chicken and broccoli into coin-sized pieces while non-stick pan is heating on Med-High with cooking spray. Add chicken into pan (and broccoli if you like it well done, I hold off a few minutes so it will have a little crisp crunch left), add dressing, spices and spinach until done. Drain noodles, mix noodles and chicken and enjoy within 15-20 minutes of start time!

Gotta run cook another quick supper tonight (too many field trips lately!!).
-F

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that sounds really good!!! I have gotten rather bored with cooking lately... I guess its the " there are only three of us" syndrome..all the meals I usually cook are in massive quantities and now there is no one to eat them...

Beth said...

I'm going to try this ~ it sounds really good!
B