Friday, July 6, 2007

Summer Reading

We like going to the library. Neither rain, nor snow, nor hot summer days will deter us from running our route a whole 3.4 miles to the library. The closest grocery is about 7 miles away, the closest superstore about 15 miles. But don't you know we moved where the library is closer than any stores! Now that's being blessed!!
Anyway, I updated my sidebar for my "bookshelf" reading. My 8yo has discovered American girl books and in the past two weeks has read all of the Kirsten books and only has two more to finish Addy. She loved the book "I Lost My Tooth in Africa" and has enjoyed several short stories from one of our favorite book collections I bought several years ago from Focus on the Family. My 5yo is "into" planes and we have read "Combat Airplanes" about as many times as an F-18 weighs! He can tell you that an A-10 Thunderbolt has heavy machine guns and flies a LO-LO-LO mission and quote things I never wanted to learn! Isn't it amazing what captures their imagination? He was unimpressed with "St. George and The Dragon" and "The Biggest Bear" (two favorites of most boys including one of his older brothers). I think I have a non-fiction lover on my hands (again!). Whatever it takes to "turn them on" to reading!!
Happy Reading!

No comments: