Monday, July 23, 2007

Book Report 14

Last week I read two more books while in a waiting room during my hubby's outpatient tests. His results were great for everything surprising even his diabetes doctor - a good witness of prayer to the doctor and others! The books were both by David Jeremiah - "Slaying the Giants in Your Life" and "The Things That Matter" (a very small but worthwhile book). I'm blessed to be able to check these out of our Public Library. "Slaying..." rates at least a 9 out of 10 for me. I like the readability along with constant tying back to scripture and the layout of the chapters makes it easy to pick up and put down if you don't have a whole day in a doctor's waiting room to read (one of my main reasons for enjoying Max Lucado's books is that they are great "bathroom" reads for busy Moms). "The Things That Matter" is about a 7.5 - good information, quick read, worthwhile but not quite as dynamic, in my humble opinion, as several other books I've read lately. Here's a poem Dr. Jeremiah quotes in "Slaying.." from the chapter about Worry. Something I need to be reminded of very often!

My name is I AM.
If you live in the past,
It will be very hard,
For I am not there.
My name is not I WAS.
And if you live in the future,
It will be very hard,
For my name is not I WILL BE.
But if you live in the present,
It will not be hard,
For my name is I AM.
-Anonymous

No comments: