Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Missionary Monday

Here again "coincidences" (aka "God's Sovereign and Perfect Plan") amaze me. This year somehow I was more acutely aware of my Mom's absence from this life on her birthday, and then two days later a friend mentioned how strongly he missed his Mom on her birthday (which was the day after my Mom's). And while I had a few weeks to deal with the news of my Mom's impending death from cancer, he had to deal with the shock of a violent and unexpected death of both parents. They were killed in 2004 in Iraq while going to help do what they had done many other places - help others in dire need. Pray today for Scott (their son), his wife Leia, their children who will barely remember their martyred grandparents, and all of the Elliott family. Thanks!! Here is a short tribute to them -

No comments: