Tuesday, June 24, 2008

From my garden to yours...

Those of you who know me know exactly what I've been up to lately. Up to my ears in cucumbers, squash, plums, blackberries...... and loving it! Last week was plum jam, this week is blueberry preserves and sweet pickles, next week will be blackberry preserves, dill pickles and purple-hull peas (my favorite!).

A friend asked me to repeat some of my gardening thoughts that I had on my old blog. One reason I love gardening (vegetable and flower) is that it is such a sweet time with the Lord. Here are some reasons why:
- No matter how much attention I give to certain plants they just seem to resist wanting to bear fruit/flower. Reminds me of my own heart....
- Many weeds look pretty but soon take over and seed out new weeds and so they become a real nuisance. Reminds me of my own sins.....
- I can now recognize some weeds and flowers that I didn't know before. The Master Gardener knows a weed from a flower or fruit even from its seed....
- It takes a lot of sweat and toil to pull weeds. Do I really work at getting rid of old habits and sins?.....
-The vegetables are sweeter when you have toiled over them yourself. ...........

No comments: