Saturday, June 7, 2008

"Deesijons"

In case your 2yo never said this, "deesijons" is their way of saying "decisions". We also like to say "yummy, yummy dippin sauce" (aka ketchup), "schlock-let" (chocolate) and "purkle" (purple). Somehow it helps keep memories of younger days alive by using words like they did at that "mind ahead of tongue" stage. Now that I no longer have one that young anymore (insert great big sigh here) I think on all those funny, new, fresh ways of looking at things and saying things and forget about the temper tantrums, potty training and other not so great things.

Anyway, that's the side issue - the real reason for this post is to ask you what "deesijons" for next fall you might be considering. I am praying about and talking with several Moms about what to participate in and what not to. My friend Beth has a great way to look at things - write out not only "I Do" lists but also "I Don't Do" lists. This helps me to recognize that some things that I used to do may need to be laid aside for a season; some things I want to do may not get done; some things that I've never done may need to be picked up now; and some things just aren't worth going on the list at all (usually things I try to justify for my "personal enjoyment"!) I'm really bad to over commit and this idea has helped me a lot. Before I say "yes" to anything, including things I am already doing, I need to seriously consider what I will not do (at least for now). For now I am praying about and working on my lists (you know how I love lists!!!)
and will share them with you sometime in the future. But until I finish my "deesijons" I'm gonna go take a break and eat some "shock-let"!!

1 comment:

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

It's always my deesijon to eat schlok-let! When can you guys come over to play?