Saturday, August 4, 2007

To fall or not to fall....

My tomatoes are finishing (I'll can the last batch today probably and then we will just have a few to eat fresh coming in hopefully until frost) and we are (almost) tired of watermelons and cantaloupes, with only about a dozen left in the field. My neighbor pulled the dried corn shucks to put in his chicken coop so now I need to decide - fall garden or not?? Part of me really wants to do it and plant a few rows of Asian cabbages to see if they would sell (never done that before so I'm curious) along with some collards and lettuce for us, but part of me just wants to get on with starting school back, cleaning my house (which takes a back seat to vegetables in the summertime) and not having to mess with fighting bugs and drought and weeds. My tiller has a flat tire that will need to be fixed and I will need to get D to find time in his already stressed schedule to disc. Hmmm..... I need to have it planted in the next week to get a full season so we'll see.......

No comments: