Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sisters

Do you have sisters? daughters? Mother, Mother-in-law? Isn't God good to know that we women need each other?! I never had a little sister although I was blessed with an older one. But through the years it seems like the Lord has brought into my life several young ladies that are like "little sisters" to me (I'm not yet ready to admit that I am old enough to be mother to them!). One of those came to visit today and did I ever enjoy it! I got to hold her dear littlest one (3 months old), visit with her son and daughter and just "hang out" for a while on our front porch rockers, in the kitchen, lunch on the screened porch and lounging in the living room. She has such a heart for the Lord and wanting to do what He wants of her that it always encourages and challenges me to try to obey Him more, too. Her heart for her husband and his ministry is so evident it makes me want to be more of a help-meet for my dear husband who each day is sweating and trudging through construction sites and trying to keep up with irate workers and demanding customers just to provide a place where I can have friends over for lunch and let all our children play on the see-saw he built and in the rooms he built with his own hands. I get so much encouragement and challenge from her, maybe I'm the "little sister" after all! Thank you, Lord for wonderful women in my life that teach me to love You and my family more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm honored and blessed to be called your little sister! Faye, you have truly blessed me in so many ways! I am so grateful for our friendship and so grateful to be in your gracious and lovely home! I love you! Megan