Thursday, August 9, 2007

Faithful in all things

No, not me. I'm not faithful at all and often think my name is so ironic since I have so little faith. But GOD IS FAITHFUL and once again He has shown it in such unexpected ways. We have been praying about our dd's upcoming roommate for quite a while, and I've had others doing the same, although I'll admit I haven't even been faithful to pray for that like I should have. Let's just say my first roommate experience was an "eye-opener" in ways I'd rather not had my eyes opened to, so I should have been praying much harder. So we were pleased with our dd's roommate when we got her name a few weeks ago because she seemed like a very nice young lady, and I'm sure she probably is, but my daughter doesn't know her. And she was also a little concerned about her ability to concentrate on school amidst a "chaotic" dorm setting (although I think living in a house with younger siblings while trying to do school is even more chaotic than a dorm!). Then early this week my daughter gets an email from a friend from the church we just "happened" to feel led to move to last year and whom she just "happened" to get to know and who just "happened" to be a junior at the same Christian college my daughter is attending (and whose wonderful Christian parents we have known for many years). Her roommate "happened" to decide not to return this semester and she would like our daughter to room with her. It's a one-bedroom apartment on campus, same price as the dorm but much more private with their own bathroom and kitchen. Housing has OK'd everything with no penalties or problems and at the same price as the dorm and we are just in awe of how it just "happened" - when really we know that it didn't just happen - God works out all the details. How can the same God who holds the millions of stars in His hands, twirls the earth on its axis, causes the sun to shine exactly at the right temperature, counts the sparrows that fall, How can He have the time and love to orchestrate the timing of something as small as this? And yet HE does. Unimaginable. Love greater than our hearts and minds can wrap around for sure.
Love without any end or any hesitations or any boundaries. And we (me) of little faith see once again how faithful HE is to answer all our prayers in ways above and beyond what we can ask. Amazingly Faithful.

3 comments:

Angela said...

That is awesome! He is faithful. I need to be reminded of that too many times I am afraid. We gave Annagail the middle name "Fayth" (FAY after my MIL), because she is such a living, breathing, and now goofy-smiling reminder to us of His faithfulness to us. He prepared our lives for her before we even knew she was coming, He provided for us in many ways during the pregnancy, and now that she is here we are still seeing His hand all over her arrival. I need to think of that more often.

I am glad it all worked out for your daughter (AND you!) : )

Beth said...

Wow, that is soooooooooo awesome! Sarah's roommate situation has worked out for the positive as well. When she found out she was assigned to Gardner as RA, the friend who was going to room with her backed out. S had found an incoming freshman to room with ~ a homeschooler from Ral.~ but when housing assignment came in the mail, the original friend ( who had backed out ) was placed with her after all. The girl called Sarah and said that she was actually excited to be rooming with her, even though she wasn't thrilled with the building...so Sarah is relieved.

Anonymous said...

Well much yeah on that one!!! God is sooooo very good!!!