Monday, January 12, 2009

New "disease" I have

I've come to the conclusion that I have "CAACD" (Computer aided attention confusion disorder). Yep. My very own, made up disease. I go to the computer early one morning to do one thing - say, send a fax for my hubby, and an hour and half later realize I have checked emails, renewed my library books, found new treasures on Amazon to covet, gone back to my library account to try to request the books I covet from Amazon, chatted online with a friend from high school about teenagers while I look at new photos on facebook from my son's friends, sent an email with a recipe to a relative that requested it several months ago, worked on my tax refund, and then realize my children haven't yet had breakfast!!! So I sign off, turn off the computer so it's no longer a temptation for interuption then get a phone call from hubby about why he still hasn't gotten the fax that I forgot to send because I got so sidetracked on all of the above. I turn the computer back on, while the printer is booting up, I log onto gmail to see if ........ and the cycle goes on. More certain than the rise and fall of the tides is the rise and fall of my attention span when I get on computers. Logging off now. For now. Until later...

3 comments:

Beth said...

OH NO! I have a full-blown case of this disease as well!!!!

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

So THAT'S what's wrong with me....I've had my suspicions for months now. So why am I checking blogs right now and what was it that I was supposed to be doing in the first place?

Jane said...

Faye,

Thanks for identifying and naming our new disease. You know "they" always tell you that if you catch it early and know what you're dealing with, it's easier to treat and your chances of recovery go up drastically!

It attacked my system this morning. I had to run around with my college student, so when I got home I told Mikayla we need to do our grammar (when did it become "our"?) anyway, I was on the computer checking my emails and she replied, "Mom, it's kinda hard to do our grammar when you're on the computer!" Enough said.

Renee

You're so funny!

Renee