Thursday, May 1, 2008

Busy, busy...

Getting harder to blog with the weather so nice! Today I finished planting the seeds in my flower beds; I had planted most of the garden last weekend before we got some great rains. I also transplanted a few more tomato plants and weeded a corner area that needs something? planted but it gets so much sun and is on a slope but beside a walk so I don't want "prickleys" or anything tall, would like perenniel so I don't have to replant, if it stays green in the winter would be great but preferably something with color (who says I'm not picky!!) Any suggestions out there? Pansies are beautiful there in the spring but get scorched by June.
I planted my hanging baskets from seed this year so we will see how well they do (I kept seeds from my favorites last year).
Oh, in addition to the martins returning to the porch this morning I saw something "weird" looking inside the wreath on the front door and when I investigated closer, saw that a small bird (sparrow?) had built a little nest in the wreath and there were 2 babies peeping out at me! I guess they like silk flowers as well as real ones!
I'll try to get a pic of it when my son returns my camera.
Have a beautiful spring day and remember as you see the new growth everywhere that the most amazing spring growth is the new heart Jesus can make bloom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faye, we have birds (been told they are finches) nesting on our porch for the second year in a row. They chose the wreath on the wall by the front door this year. So yes apparently birds like artificial flowers for a home! The tiniest little nest with 5 little babies (and parents that thankfully fly away instead of attack when we come near)! Aaron and Aimee don't understand why I won't let them pet the birds! :)

Megan Penner said...

What lovely times for you! Planting and Spring are one of the most beautiful and joyous times. I hope you are having a good weekend!