Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Wrap-Up

What fun we have had this year! The joys of watching our children not only get gifts but give them to each other and other family members and friends. We did our annual Baking last Friday, visited with relatives on Saturday at a "half-way point", had a relaxing day Sunday, had Derwin's Dad's family's get together Christmas Eve, and on Christmas Day stayed at home except for a fantastic brunch at my SIL's across the road for a couple of hours. All five children were here, my nieces, SIL and BIL, Grandma, Katy and even a brief visit from neighbors. We (yes, we, not just them!!) had fun with their tinkertoys, having radio control races (my 5yo got 4 RC vehicles and is ecstatic!! I am thrilled that I stocked up on batteries ahead of time!), playing Othello,

having "sword fights" with this ,


launching rockets with this
making pot holders with Emma with this kit


and eating and eating and enjoying each other immensely. My oldest son gave my hubby this DVD (they both enjoy that stuff - personally my daughters and I prefer something like Pride and Prejudice !). The greatest gift of course was time. Yesterday we had lunch with Shelley and Jimmy and we were talking about just that. Time. Time spent with each other. Time spent laughing and sharing and even a few tears over those who are no longer here to share our time. I wish somehow we could bottle up a few hours or days or weeks and wrap it and give it to each other. So today and for 2008 my wish for you is the gift of time. With those you love. Doing what is important. Sharing your heart and dreams and love and laughter and tears. Sharing why you have hope. Sharing why life is so precious and "stuff" like toys and clothes and movies are good only when they are shared with those we love. May we each cherish the gift of time and give it away to those we love each and every day. Remind me when I get too busy. Remind me when I get too caught up in the "stuff".

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thank you, Faye. I am treasuring this "time" with my family too. Each day is precious.
<><