Thursday, November 29, 2007

Red faced and Egg on the face, too....

Well, tomorrow morning on my calendar was the Play "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". We have been so excited all week about going, with my 8yo picking out a nice Christmas outfit, talking about play etiquette and even having a back-up plan in case one of the vehicles wasn't out of the shop in time. Well, this afternoon I get online to check my emails and a friend had written "Missed you at the play" --- huh?? Yep. It was this morning, not tomorrow as my "live or die by calendar" said. And had I gotten at least 3 emails referring to the play on THURSDAY? Yep. Had it registered in my scatterbrain that my calendar said FRIDAY? Nope. And who posted the information on our group's master e-calendar? Oh, that would be me. And who scheduled the reminders to go out to the group about the play? Ummm.... yep, me too.And who was the very first person to sign up for that play? Yours truly. So I am not only thoroughly disappointed but also thoroughly wiping the egg off my face! Next time I will be a little more diligent in making my dates and checking them twice!

No comments: