Monday, February 9, 2009

May This Day Be a Prayer to You, O Jesus

As I open my eyes this morning,
Let me praise you for sunlight, breath, eyes to see.
As I rise slowly out of bed,
Let me praise you for a beating heart, legs and feet to walk.
As I listen to my children waking,
Let me praise you for ears to hear their voices.
As I see their sleepy faces,
Let me lift my very being to you in praise for each one.
As I fix their meals,
Let me be truly grateful for You have provided.
As I wipe up messes,
Let me praise you for children healthy enough to make them.
As I help the young ones to dress,
Let me praise you for your clothing of righteousness.
As I do the dishes,
Let my heart rejoice to know that you are the Living Water.
As I finish the laundry,
Let me never forget that you have washed me clean of my sins.
As I pick up toys,
May I be reminded of the many times you pick up the broken pieces of my sinful life.
As I put things away,
May I never forget that you have put away all my sins on the cross.
As I tuck the precious ones into bed,
May I rejoice that I have rest in You and You alone, O Lord. Forever and ever. Amen.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

How Beautiful!

Thanks for posting!

Jane said...

Faye,

What a beautiful prayer. Well written.

Renee