Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Story of the Sixth picture in Sixth folder

Some of my friends have blogged about (and "tagged" me to do so, too) the Sixth picture in the sixth folder. My directories are subdivided into folders by person which are then in turn subdivided by year and then subdivided by date of processing. Needless to say I have several "sixth picture"s in the "sixth folder"s (too much accountant in me I guess)! But strictly speaking, this picture wins the honor:

Now there's a wonderful story behind this pic, like all of yours. This is, of course, a birthday party. It's from when my youngest son turned 4 and wanted a "Spiderman cake" because he had seen one at a bakery (he really had no idea who Spiderman was :) but liked that cake design best!) My oldest son (age 24 at the time) took this great photo with his super-duper-I-could-never-afford-it-camera so it's better quality than any of mine! The brithday boy shares the same birthday with his Dad but shares the "bad hair day" look with Mom! Really, I miss those curls which are now kept sheared off because he hates being so hot on his head (his hair is really thick!) and says they are "too baby-ish". [BIG SIGH INSERTED HERE FROM ME!] That year he got a "three wheeler" (aka "Big Wheel") for his birthday and had been out in a rather warm day for March, got sweaty and continued to run his fingers through his hair to try to cool off. Thus the "Don King" look!
It is amazing to me that he is now 6 (going on 7) and it seems like only weeks ago that he had this 4 year-old birthday. Where does time fly to???

(Share your 6th pic in your 6th folder and the story behind it, too. COmment here and let me know when you do -)

2 comments:

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

That hair just made me giggle this morning even before I read the post :-) Thanks for sharing the photo and story.

Anonymous said...

i'm so inspired by your organization system! we have so many pictures it's nearly impossible to find any of them sometimes, but i immediately worked on getting them a little more organized after reading this... our 6th pic in the 6th folder is a picture in an abandoned barn that the Matts took together :)