Monday, April 27, 2009

Our country song last week

Do you ever have times that you feel like you've stepped out of reality and into a bad country song? No, I didn't ride a train but last week our truck took out, my faithful wonderful old dog died (my youngest children weren't even born when we got her), my farm had problems with insect pests and dry, scorching heat (in April of all times!), my children had all kinds of problems, I had 10 children in the house for 3 days, I had two migraines (I've only had maybe 5 in my whole lifetime), it was my birthday (good) but also on my birthday was the 20th anniversary of finding out that my Mom had incurable cancer and 8th anniversary of losing a baby in my 4th month, and my hubby and I had a big spat. But this isn't a country song and there really is a lot of wonderful things from all that. Because we had that spat, my hubby and I took extra time this weekend to be together and had the most wonderful time together in a long time; the 10 children were here because their parents were at the hospital with a beautiful, healthy baby girl; my dog is no longer in pain; we learned a LLLLOTTTT about insect control and its importance; the youngest two had a blast riding on the back of the tractor and spraying the trees (and each other) with the water hose; and most of all we all have hope that no matter how bad things look, we have joy and hope and peace with our Savior with whom my Mom, Dad and unborn child have been waiting. God is good - all the time - even in country song weeks.

3 comments:

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

Even though it was a country song week, your response to your situation was definitely gospel song.

Beth said...

Awww.... farewell, Cookie. Amanda was just remembering the puppies in your basement at the old house... has it really been that long ago?
Hold onto hope and choose joy! Love you, friend.

Jane said...

Oh Faye, so sorry about Cookie. She lived a long time and was a good dog. We watched Marley and Me last night and I cried like a baby. Thanks for your vulnerability and your reminder to us all that our hope, faith and trust are IN CHRIST, not in our circumstances or our feelings!

Love ya lots,
Renee