Monday, July 21, 2008

Random updates

The youngest children and I had a great time at the beach with Renee and her two youngest girls. She has really encouraged me by listening to a lot of things I needed to get off my chest, and has been a great example to me in wanting to give 100% to the Lord in all things. Thanks, Renee, for listening, encouraging and sharing a great time! The children had a blast boogie boarding, swimming, catching tiny fish in nets, playing in the sand, and lots and lots of laughing!

M and J are in Rome today, halfway through their tour of Europe. I cannot wait to see pictures and hear all the stories of their trip! Here's a picture M took on his last trip (Dec. 2004 - click on pic to get full view):

Gardening is still keeping me busy and I spent several hours this morning pulling beans, peas, butter beans, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, and corn. Needless to say most of the rest of the day I have been shelling and fixing veggies (in between loads of laundry getting hung on the line to catch up from our trip!).

While we were gone D worked long hours but also managed to do some clean-up in and around the orchard. The blueberries and blackberries are about all finished, most of the peaches are done, the plums have been gone for some time but muscadine grapes and apples are still to come! I will be spending lots of time this week canning, freezing and getting caught up in the garden department but am very thankful for two tiny rains we had while I was away that kept things growing.

No comments: