Monday, June 25, 2007

VBS

VBSLogo
We are having our Vacation Bible School this week and my 8yo and I have already had a "ball" even though it doesn't start until tonight! Yesterday we went and helped decorate. One of the things I really like is meeting more people or getting to know "acquaintances" better because when you are painting, drawing, tacking up stuff or cleaning up spilled glitter you have time to chat and find out more about the people you don't necessarily usually see. Last year's first VBS workday I ended up coloring and painting with a dear, sweet young lady that has become a wonderful friend. We immediately "clicked" with our interests and although she is extremely, extremely musically talented and I am ummmm..... musically challenged!! we found that we both had connections to military academies and then that she was eager to learn about homeschooling and then... well, she's just a real joy in my life. So that's why I like to decorate for VBS - great way to make new (or deepen old) friendships - and have fun, too! BTW - my friend and I are in the "Bed Babies" together this week so I get to spend lots of time with her while we love on babies - including her new one - what more could I want?!!

No comments: