Thursday, January 17, 2013

Become as little children

Some time back I read a book entitled "Waking the Dead" by John Elderidge. The scriptures he quoted really spoke to me about how I need to seriously make sure that my heart, my whole heart, not just my head or part of my heart, is revived by the Lord. Then this morning in Matthew 18 I was reminded of Mr. Elderidge's chapter about becoming like little children. Now revival and being child-like may be two different topics to you but it is clear to me that the main reason I don't allow Christ to rule in my whole heart is my unwillingness to become child-like. Time and again the absolute best things that have happened in my life have been when I have turned over control to the Lord. So why do I fight what I know is the best? My insane desire to be in control, to be the decision-maker, to be the thinker, to be... well, un-child-like. Untrusting. Unyielding.

So today begins (again) another day that I will pray for that child-like faith. And today (again) HE will be there to awaken my heart from its cold slumber of selfish sleep. Praise the LORD - every day HE will be there to re-awaken it as long as I live. And maybe somehow each day will take me one step closer to being a child - a child who willingly, unhesitatingly, trusting and obeying without question places my heart and my path in His nail-scarred hands.

No comments: