Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Uncomprehensible

When I am in heaven,
Looking on Your Holy Face,
Will I be able to understand
The depth of your great grace?

When we bow before you
Seated on your holy throne
Will I comprehend
Why you chose me as your own?

When my eyes behold your glory
In its fullness and unveiled,
Can my heart perceive it
And not fully melt?

As we sing "Hosanna,
Worthy is the Lamb"
Can my voice join in
Without choking as I am?

In this world of sin
Even when we really try
We can't comprehend
How You must be up on high.

Tiny little glimpses
Like snowflakes in the spring
Are the only visions
Of your glory we can see.

Oh, how overwhelming
Is your sacrifice and love
For this vilest sinner
You chose to be with you above.

Help to dim my senses
To this world below
Seeing more of your sweet face
And your grace that overflows.

No comments: