Tuesday, March 10, 2009

To my friends....

Well, "Next week" came and went and wasn't what we had hoped for but was still filled with blessings and hope amidst sickness, snow, appliance problems, job stress for D, and other "stuff". So we will leave it where it belongs - behind us :) !

On another note, I have lots of friends that mean so much to me that sometimes I wish I knew a great way to express my gratitude. Some of you challenge me to a higher walk, some encourage me in the lows, some make me smile, but most of you do all of these at one time or another. Lots of people have written poems and essays and flowery cards about friendship, but it's like any deep relationship, no language has yet been written to truly express what's felt in our hearts. If we took all the words of appreciation and gratitude and emotion that we have said to or about our friends they still wouldn't give a glimmer of the truth. So to my friends, old and new, young and old, near and far.......




That's my heart's gratitude to you for your friendship. Not a blank, but a feeling too big and strong and important to confine to words, or images. You are loved, and appreciated, and maybe sometime I will try to find a better way to express it, but today I feel totally inadequate to even try to confine it to a blog. Friendship is a joyous and amazing thing and I am honored to call you my friend.

2 comments:

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

When I was with my mom at UNC hospital, one of the signs at a nurse's station said this:

Good friends are like wedgies. It feels really good when you pick one out!

So now I have "wedgie friends!"

Jane said...

Oh, so funny Sylvia's comment. I have never thought of friendship in quite that way!!! On Living Proof's blog (Beth Moore) she calls all her sister friends, Siestas...we should start calling ourselves the wedgie sisters.

What do you think?

Renee