Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A laugh a day....

This year I have been trying to incorporate a little exposure to classical artists and composers. We "celebrate" their birthdays by looking at and discussing their art or listening to their music and talking about the time period in which they lived. Today is one of my favorites - Vivaldi. We talked a little about when he lived, I showed them a picture of the composer and then we listened to the "Four Seasons" on CD while they did their art, penmanship, spelling and ate lunch. After the CD had finished I asked the youngest, "Do you remember the name of the man who wrote that music?" He hesitated then said "It's the "Four Seasons" music I know but I can't remember his name. Was it "Old Baldy"?" Well, I don't think we will forget his name for a long time!! May you have a good laugh today, too!

1 comment:

Megan Penner said...

Faye! This is so funny! Kostya loved it! :)